In this lesson you will learn some of the basic tools that can help you use e-mail like a pro. Remember, when you write a message on paper (the old fashioned way) or via e-mail, you are introducing yourself to someone. You want them to have a good impression. Even if you're sending a message to someone you know like a friend or relative, they will be very impressed if you demonstrate that you are an e-mail power-user.
You will have to start with logging in to your district g-mail account. If you haven't done this before, the instructions below will help you.
Log on to http://mail.sweetwaterschools.net (see below)
Time To Work
Watch each video - then do the activity). Take a screen shot at the end of each activity, Paste all six screenshots into a Notability document and submit it to Canvas. Title the document - Using e-mail like a pro + your ID number
NOTE: the video links below will take you to the Safari Montage video library. You will need to log in. Your username is your student ID. Your password is your 8 digit date of birth.
- Create an e-mail signature (how to video)
- Create an address book with your contacts (how to video)
- Send an e-mail to your teacher with a picture attached. (how to video)
- Send an e-mail to your friend with a picture attached. Copy your teacher in this e-mail. (how to video)
- Create a message using the html editor. Practice using colors, highlights and underlines in your response. (how to video)
- Create folders (labels) in your g-mail inbox for mail you want to save for later. (how to video)